In this episode, we have Hiten Shah, founder of multiple successful companies, including Crazy Egg, KISSmetrics, and FYI. He shares the knowledge he has gained from starting the businesses and also how being curious about observing other businesses has helped him along the way.
Hiten explains the power of branding, highlighting three keywords: New, Different and Right. He also mentions the importance of setting the right intention with content as well as producing high-quality content which is in understanding of the market and its people.
He later mentions why identifying immature and mature channels and understanding the difference is key while scaling a business and also gives out the criteria he uses to evaluate channels.
Outline of this Episode
- Content marketing - Hiten talks about the potential customer journey whether it's decisions around purchase or landscape of the product.
- WebTraffic - FYI focuses on content that is specifically aligned with the audience.
- The Audience - Hiten shares his experience on the selection and understanding of your audience.
- Market research - FYI focuses on understanding the customer experience and sentiment analysis.
- Channels - Hiten describes managing them and scoring channels.
- Blog content - Hiten shares the importance of creating the structure and time needed to be put in before seeing results.
- Joel Gascoigne (Buffer)
- Nathan Barry (Convertkit)
- Matthew Kobach
- Eric Yuan (Zoom)
- Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson (Basecamp, previously 37Signals)
Connect with Hiten